The Most Powerful Help We Can Give

This is the day when Dad and I talked about what happened to our kababayans after Typhoon Yolanda passed. It came to his attention because one of his co-worker is worried as to what happen to his family in Visayas. 

photo credit: interaksyon.com
I don't know what to say and what to react. Dad and I almost cry when we're just sharing our POVs on what happened. I can't imagine myself in that situation, most especially when this time come and I am with my kids. Maybe my panic will attack me... big time. 

I don't know how to help. It's not because the info on where and how to help is not available, but honestly, we really don't have anything to give as of thi time. Maybe what we can only give is our prayers. Our income is sapat only, and I think masho-short pa kami ngayon, but once I'll have extra maybe this coming Christmas, I'll donate some. I know it's just a little amount, but for them, it's like extending their existence, and I hope it would also give them hope.

For those people like us, even our society requires us to give what we can't at this time, don't force ourselves. In the meantime, let's give them what we can and the most powerful of them all...prayers!

2 comments:

Home-based Diva said...

So heartbreaking! Yes, there are many forms of giving and one of them is through prayers.

Joined you through GFC sis.
http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

Mira Delos Reyes said...

Everytime Dad and I talked about this, I can't help myself to be teary-eyed.


Thanks for dropping by sis. Love has been returned. ;)

Post a Comment

Leave your footprints below: