My Reasons To Stay A Work-Away-From-Home Mom

Most of moms choose to leave their 8x5 job to stay at home and take care of their kids. Of course, I don't have anything against it. It's also hard and very noble. 

photo by Mumcenter
However, I am a kind of mom who decided to pursue my career while raising my kids. Honestly, after I gave birth to Ate 1, I decided to be a stay-at-home mom too, but my Papa didn't allow me. He said, "You've studied for 4 years and you'll waste all your hardships because you just gave birth?? It can't be! Fulfill your dreams and be a better mom for your kid!!!"

So here are the reasons I decided to stay a 'working mom':

1. Lifestyle Needs
Sometimes, resigning and be a stay-at-home mom comes to my mind, but whenever I think about it, I always ask myself, "Can I live without my own money?" 
I just can't imagine myself not to have my own money and not able to buy the things I want without consulting Daddy. 

2. Reason to Dress-up
Imagine yourself wearing a dress and a wedge at home? Funny right? At least, when you're working away from home, you've got to wear those without any reasons but because you'll just come to work. 

3. Set Example to My Children
Like I've said before, I don't have anything against moms who chose to be at home to take care her family, but I think when I become one my kids might be demotivated. They might think that going to school will not be that important because at the end of the day, they'll just stay at home and do household chores. 

4. Escape Boredom
I don't know if stay-at-home moms feel bored some times, but for me, whenever I am ill for example and need to stay at home for a week, sometimes, I feel bored. It seems that I miss what I do at work; dealing with our customers and chit-chats with friends. 

Of course every woman is different. And we don't have any rights to judge each and everyone when it comes to be a being a working moms vs stay-at-home moms. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your footprints below: