Refrain from Littering

City Ordinance No. 2003-095, or the Solid Waste Management Code of Makati, imposes a penalty of P1,000 on individual violators, and P5,000 for an establishment or corporation.  Violators are usually given seven working days to settle their penalties at the DES office at the ground floor, Old City Hall.  Should they fail to show up within the prescribed period, they are served with a summons and subsequently charged in court.  

If proven guilty, the offender will be asked to pay the fine, and may be imprisoned between five days to 30 days upon the discretion of the court.

Source

Maybe you're confused why I have posted this. Well, it's for a simple reason that I got caught littering in Makati after work while chatting with my friends. 

I should have been more aware since an officemate experienced this last week. Tsk tsk Experience is ALWAYS the best teacher!

3 comments:

Growing Up Madison said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk, my mom used to always say, learn from my mistakes so you don't have to make your own. :)

D'Sheka Perkins said...

I like that you are using this as a learning experience. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. http://pinkcandyandstilettos.com/2013/06/28/psst-guess-what-i-was-nominated-for-the-liebster-award/

Mira Delos Reyes said...

hehehe thanks, madison! i definitely learn something from experience. ;)

Post a Comment

Leave your footprints below: