Moms With 3 Kids Are The ‘Most Stressed’

Apparently three, that magic number when parents become outnumbered, is the most stressful number of kids to have. According to a TodayMoms.com survey, moms of three children stress more than moms of one or two, while mothers of four or more children actually report lower stress levels.

Heck, if that’s true the Duggars should be stress-free, right?

As a mom of three, I was surprised by this. For me, my first kiddo was absolutely the most stressful. (Probably because I had no idea what I was doing.) Everything was new…I wasn’t confident in my abilities or instincts…I was sure I wasn’t doing things right, my baby was starving, not developing properly etc. etc. etc. For me, being a new parent was terrifying. My anxiety meter was at an all-time high.

Numbers two and three were nothing compared to number one. Are we busier? Heck yeah. You should see my color-coded Outlook calendar. I am a freaking scheduling machine, and I have to be because I’m juggling two busy kids, one baby, my work, my hubby’s work, activities out the ying yang, chores etc.

But I don’t really equate busier with more stressed. Sure, there’s a lot more going on but I’m not really worried about it. I actually enjoy most of it. And I’m certainly more confident in my parenting abilities now. I know I’m not screwing up my kids too terribly (yet). I’ve actually enjoyed the baby phase with #3 the most, because I’m so much calmer about everything.

Do you agree that three kids is the “most stressful” number to have? If not, what was your tipping point?

4 comments:

Honey Tan @ ihearthoneytan.com said...

My mom has three children (including me). I can't wait to call her and asks what she thinks. When Bear and I get married I know we at least want two. If we go beyond that I would want an even number.

Mira Delos Reyes said...

Call her and you'll be surprised! :D

Angela said...

We re considering trying for number 3 here in a year but this last year with two has been one of the most stressful of my life. Course we moved and my husband is in the process of completing an accelerated masters program so hopefully the stress was more due to that than the actual two kids.

Mira Delos Reyes said...

Having kids' are really stressful, most specially, if we can't manage our time properly. I was there, too, but I was able to overcome it when I learn how to manage my time. ;)

Post a Comment

Leave your footprints below: